How to Record Heart Sounds with Littmann Digital Stethoscope 3200 | Doctor Explains
In today’s episode of Dr Nora, I take a close look at the 3200 Littmann Bluetooth Electronic Stethoscope and see whether it’s worth the hefty price tag of $700AUD.
My primary reason for adding this to my stethoscope collection is to record heart sounds directly and share them with my YouTube followers. Prior to this, I had been recording heart sounds through my manual stethoscope by placing a microphone lapel into the ear piece, a very cumbersome experience. With this stethoscope giving the ability to record twelve 30 second tracks, I thought it would be ideal. Watch on to see what’s included in the box, what it sounds like and how to transfer the tracks onto your computer.
- 12x 30 second clips can be recorded
- Can toggle between diaphragm/ bell or both
- Comfortable ear piece - 2 sizes in the box
- Reduction in ambient noise
- On screen display on heart rate
- Battery powered x1 AA (included)
- 2 year manufacturers warranty
- Easy transfer of files to computer
- Limited colours available - black, burgundy, navy blue.
- Can’t transfer files onto a mobile device.
- Doesn’t work as well on damp skin
This is a great tool if you’re interested in learning more about particular heart, lung or bowel sounds. It would be a useful aid for exam preparation and it looks futuristic. I’ll certainly be keeping mine to film more beautiful sounds of the body.
Which Stethoscope to Buy: https://youtu.be/MhvwEGBd8Yo
How to Listen to Your Heart: https://youtu.be/c96kqgW0aUg
How to Take Manual Blood Pressure: https://youtu.be/Uyygzkk4AHY
Medical Features of The Apple Watch: https://youtu.be/o3lFCO26UA8
WHERE TO BUY
Thanks for watching and if you have any questions please don’t hesitate to leave me a comment in the comments section below or pop by and see me in clinic.
Take care and stay healthy.
Dr Nora 💉
FILM BY VTUDIO | https://vtudio.com
Links to products often include an affiliate tracking code which allow us to earn fees on purchases you make through them.