You’re not alone 💖
One of the biggest benefits of social media is awareness.
Domestic Violence has played a large role in the news over the past week and as a result more victims have been coming forward to seek help from this.
Domestic violence is gender neutral and isn’t always about physical abuse but it also includes:
- sexual abuse where you’re forced to engage in unwanted sexual activity
- Verbal abuse including name calling
- Emotional abuse with demeaning comments or threats - Financial abuse where access to money could be limited
- Spiritual or cultural abuse so you’re not allowed to practice your beliefs
- Stalking by means of being followed or being constantly watched.
Most victims feel trapped and stuck but it’s important to know that there’s a lot of help out there.
If you or a loved one are affected please come by and see me in clinic for further help and advice.
Take care and stay healthy x
Dr Nora 😘
💻 dvconnect.org 1800 811 811
💻 reachout.com ☎️ 1800Respect: 1800 737 732
☎️ Domestic Violence Line: 1800 656 463